MARTIAL ARTS: Ely and Littleport Judo aces bag medals at regional tournament
- Credit: Archant
Four young Judo stars from East Cambridgeshire added more medals to their collection at a regional tournament last weekend.
Lucas Hilcenko, Joseph Sibson and George Emms from Ely Judo Club and Yonas Aldous from Littleport Judo Club all scooped silverware at Happidojo Judo Club’s tournament in Marham in Norfolk.
The tournament welcomed over 70 young fighters from Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Lincolnshire, and the East Cambs fighters rose to the challenge in a number of categories.
Lucas won the gold medal in his group after securing two victories out of three with an Ippon score – the highest possible score in Judo – while Joseph won silver in his first ever tournament.
Yonas also took silver by winning three of his four contests.
You may also want to watch:
Ely Judo Club meets at King’s Ely on Fridays from 5.45pm during term time, and Littleport Judo Club meets at the Littleport Sports Centre on Tuesdays at 7pm.
• For more information, email email@example.com.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member