MARTIAL ARTS: Can you help? Littleport-based East Anglia Kickboxing and Boxing Club needs a new home
- Credit: Archant
A local mother has launched an appeal to help a boxing club find a new base after it was recently closed down.
The closure comes after Littleport Leisure Centre, where the sessions were based, increased its prices for use of its facilities.
Hannah said: “Harvey came home devastated that his boxing club has ceased running.
“Harvey was subject to some horrendous bullying in which the police had to intervene with on several occasions.
“We heard about the boxing club and Harvey joined. Since joining he has become so much more self confident – the coaches, Paddy Paddock and Mark Johnson, have helped him regain his happy, chirpy self and I’m so thankful to them.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something, as a parent, I’m very passionate about and I feel it’s so important that young people have somewhere that they can express themselves.”
The club announced the closure on Facebook earlier this month in a statement saying: “With a heavy heart I have to say the club is now closed due to the new sports centre pricing us out.
- 1 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 2 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 3 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 8 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
“Both Paddy and Mark just want to say thanks to all – a big thanks to Taz and Mel from King’s Lynn for all their help over the years and to all the friends we have made over the years.
“A big thanks go to all that have been a part of the club, both young and old. Thank you to the boys from CC Pallets for your sponsorship over the years. Good luck to you all.”
For more information, or if you can help, message ‘East Anglia Kickboxing/Boxing’ on Facebook.