MARTIAL ARTS: Can you help? Littleport-based East Anglia Kickboxing and Boxing Club needs a new home
- Credit: Archant
A local mother has launched an appeal to help a boxing club find a new base after it was recently closed down.
The closure comes after Littleport Leisure Centre, where the sessions were based, increased its prices for use of its facilities.
Hannah said: “Harvey came home devastated that his boxing club has ceased running.
“Harvey was subject to some horrendous bullying in which the police had to intervene with on several occasions.
“We heard about the boxing club and Harvey joined. Since joining he has become so much more self confident – the coaches, Paddy Paddock and Mark Johnson, have helped him regain his happy, chirpy self and I’m so thankful to them.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s something, as a parent, I’m very passionate about and I feel it’s so important that young people have somewhere that they can express themselves.”
The club announced the closure on Facebook earlier this month in a statement saying: “With a heavy heart I have to say the club is now closed due to the new sports centre pricing us out.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“Both Paddy and Mark just want to say thanks to all – a big thanks to Taz and Mel from King’s Lynn for all their help over the years and to all the friends we have made over the years.
“A big thanks go to all that have been a part of the club, both young and old. Thank you to the boys from CC Pallets for your sponsorship over the years. Good luck to you all.”
For more information, or if you can help, message ‘East Anglia Kickboxing/Boxing’ on Facebook.