MARTIAL ARTS: Can you help? Littleport-based East Anglia Kickboxing and Boxing Club needs a new home
- Credit: Archant
A local mother has launched an appeal to help a boxing club find a new base after it was recently closed down.
The closure comes after Littleport Leisure Centre, where the sessions were based, increased its prices for use of its facilities.
Hannah said: “Harvey came home devastated that his boxing club has ceased running.
“Harvey was subject to some horrendous bullying in which the police had to intervene with on several occasions.
“We heard about the boxing club and Harvey joined. Since joining he has become so much more self confident – the coaches, Paddy Paddock and Mark Johnson, have helped him regain his happy, chirpy self and I’m so thankful to them.
“It’s something, as a parent, I’m very passionate about and I feel it’s so important that young people have somewhere that they can express themselves.”
The club announced the closure on Facebook earlier this month in a statement saying: “With a heavy heart I have to say the club is now closed due to the new sports centre pricing us out.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 6 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
“Both Paddy and Mark just want to say thanks to all – a big thanks to Taz and Mel from King’s Lynn for all their help over the years and to all the friends we have made over the years.
“A big thanks go to all that have been a part of the club, both young and old. Thank you to the boys from CC Pallets for your sponsorship over the years. Good luck to you all.”
For more information, or if you can help, message ‘East Anglia Kickboxing/Boxing’ on Facebook.