No wonder these King s Junior School netballers are smiling – they had an unbeaten season as under-13s. They won all six matches against schools from all over East Anglia, scoring a total of 133 goals while their opponents netted only 62 in total. They h
No wonder these King's Junior School netballers are smiling - they had an unbeaten season as under-13s.
They won all six matches against schools from all over East Anglia, scoring a total of 133 goals while their opponents netted only 62 in total.
"They have had a fantastic season," said their coach Amanda Maton, head of King's Junior School girls' games.
It follows an unbeaten 2005 season when King's under-12s won six matches and drew one.
You may also want to watch:
"In total, over the past two years our shooters have scored a total of 312 goals and our opponents have scored only 97," said Mrs Maton.
Pictured, from left: Sophie Garrad, wing attack; Jo Tew, wing defence; Martha Eddy, centre; captain Ellie Rains, goal attack; Kirsten Hald, goal defence; Katie Holdsworth, goal shooter; and Jessica Bartlett, goal keeper.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut