London calling for young Haddenham and Ely Boxing Club duo
- Credit: Archant
Prospects from Haddenham and Ely Boxing Club enjoyed a successful trip to the capital last weekend.
Emerging stars Callum Francis and Hope Price stepped into the ring at a show at West Ham and both sealed impressive unanimous decision victories.
Francis was first through the ropes and the youngster boxed with poise and skill, landing some solid shots on his Newham-based opponent to take the victory.
Young Hope Price also performed well, moving around the ring and slipping punches to great effect to conquer over Holland Park fighter, Oliver Smith.
Coach Mike Sawyer was delighted to see the young duo grab wins. He said: “I’m very pleased with them both. Callum landed some great shots, both left and right and he’s doing everything right at the moment.
“Hope also boxed really well; his movement was very good and he did well.
“It’s good to see two of our boys go into London and get wins.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
The club’s fighters return to action in mid-November.