London calling for young Haddenham and Ely Boxing Club duo
- Credit: Archant
Prospects from Haddenham and Ely Boxing Club enjoyed a successful trip to the capital last weekend.
Emerging stars Callum Francis and Hope Price stepped into the ring at a show at West Ham and both sealed impressive unanimous decision victories.
Francis was first through the ropes and the youngster boxed with poise and skill, landing some solid shots on his Newham-based opponent to take the victory.
Young Hope Price also performed well, moving around the ring and slipping punches to great effect to conquer over Holland Park fighter, Oliver Smith.
Coach Mike Sawyer was delighted to see the young duo grab wins. He said: “I’m very pleased with them both. Callum landed some great shots, both left and right and he’s doing everything right at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“Hope also boxed really well; his movement was very good and he did well.
“It’s good to see two of our boys go into London and get wins.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The club’s fighters return to action in mid-November.