LOCAL FOOTBALL: Robins reserves roar to sixth successive victory; Gammon with a tasty double for Soham side; Watson hat-trick helps Isleham survival hopes
- Credit: Archant
Ely City Reserves roared to a sixth successive Cambs League victory last Saturday.
Rhys Mazey and Charlie McManus both struck twice as the Robins’ second string saw off Cottenham United 5-3 in Kershaw Senior A Division. Scott Callaghan was the other man to find the net.
Soham United were successful at the same level as a Richard Gammon double earned a 2-1 win against Fowlmere, but rock-bottom Littleport Town saw their struggles continue in Division 1B when suffering a 6-1 home defeat at the hands of Hemingfords Reserves.
Alex Watson grabbed a hat-trick as Isleham United boosted their survival hopes in Division 2B with a valuable 5-2 success against Swavesey Institute.
William Crisp and Kurtis Mpoundu hit the goals as Ely Crusaders kept their promotion challenge on track in Division 3B with a 2-1 victory at Somersham Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Isleham United Reserves claimed derby glory in Division 4B as Harrison Milner, Alex Reeve and Harry Grant fired them to a 3-1 win at Ely Crusaders Reserves.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment