Littleport Teenager Signs For Glasgow Rangers
LITTLEPORT teenager Tom Miller, 17, has signed a two year professional contract with Glasgow Rangers after Norwich City s Glen Roeder failed to offer him a contract. Tom attended Millfield Primary School and then City of Ely Community College. At the age
LITTLEPORT teenager Tom Miller, 17, has signed a two year professional contract with Glasgow Rangers after Norwich City's Glen Roeder failed to offer him a contract.
Tom attended Millfield Primary School and then City of Ely Community College.
At the age of nine, he signed from Littleport Town FC to Ipswich Town and from there to Norwich City where he has spent the last three years.
When Tom, who plays in centre midfield, realised that Norwich City was not going to offer him a contract he began looking for a new club and attracted the attention of Glasgow Rangers. They flew him to Glasgow for a three day training session after they spotted him playing in the premiership exit trials in Warwick. They set up an in-house game, and the following morning he was invited to train with the first team by Ally McCoist and Walter Smith. Two hours later they offered him the two year professional contract.
You may also want to watch:
Tom said: "It was a surprise not to get offered a contract at Norwich City but that's football, and I am now going on to much bigger and better things. I can't wait to get up there and make a fresh start. I am really looking forward to it".
Tom will be 18 on June 29 and he will move to Glasgow on July 1.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
Pic cap: Tom in his yellow and green Norwich kit.
Photo: Eastern Daily Press.