MARTIAL ARTS: Littleport Judo Club duo star at British Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two members of Littleport Judo Club starred at the Pre-Cadet and Cadet British Championships earlier this month.
Assistant coach Noah Aldous was competing in his first national competition while chairman and senior coach, Ray Taylor, was officiating as a referee.
Noah entered the Cadet championship in the under 73kg group and competed well, scoring two Waza-ari in his two contests – the second highest score a fighter can achieve.
However, he didn’t manage to make it through into the crossover group in his weight division.
Coach Bob Challis, who watched Noah in action, said: “I think he fought very well. He’s only been back in the sport and training well since September and this competition has shown he can hold his own at this level.
You may also want to watch:
“Big congratulations to Ray and Noah and all the area judoka who took part.”
For more information on Littleport Judo Club, visit the club’s Facebook page.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph