MARTIAL ARTS: Littleport Judo Club youngsters star at Eastern Area Closed Judo Championship
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Littleport Judo Club were the stars of the show at the Eastern Area Closed Judo Championship.
Eight youngsters took part in the tournament – some in their first competitions – and brought home a host of medals.
Louie Harrison and George and Fredick Emms impressed and Yonas Aldous won three contests with Ippon scores – the highest score in the sport – against bigger opponents to win a silver medal.
Noah Aldous displayed great determination in the senior section and Joshua Heflin put in a mature performance, with both taking bronze medals.
Coach Stuart Aldous said “It was a great day of judo contest and the standard was very high. For most of our players it was all about getting that good level of competitive experience.
You may also want to watch:
“Contest judo has many aspects and all our players showed great courage, determination and ability - it was a positive experience for each member that took part.”
Littleport Judo Club is a not-for-profit club run by its members. For more information, contact Stuart on email@example.com.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'