Littleport Judo Club Members Compete At Championships
JUDO NICHOLAS Johnson and Andrew Pickerill of Littleport Judo Club competed at the North West Age Banded Open Judo Championships at St Helens, Merseyside. Johnson – in Age Band B for players born in 1994 and 1995 – fought the under-60Kg category, and m
NICHOLAS Johnson and Andrew Pickerill of Littleport Judo Club competed at the North West Age Banded Open Judo Championships at St Helens, Merseyside.
Johnson - in Age Band B for players born in 1994 and 1995 - fought the under-60Kg category, and made it to the final where he won a silver medal.
Pickerill - in his first year at Age B and C for players born in 1992 and 1993 - fought the under 81Kg category, winning his first two rounds but being beaten in the third by a more experienced opponent to eventually finish the competition in fifth place.
On the same weekend, Sam Lachmann was in action at an Eastern Area Competition at Thetford and fought well against experienced opposition to win a bronze medal.
A week earlier six Littleport players were at a promotion exam and four players were promoted, with Daniel Tuck promoted to 10th mon green belt in the Junior section.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Pickerill and Mitchell Garner were transferring from junior to senior status with Pickerill awarded 3rd kyu blue belt and Garner awarded 2nd kyu brown belt, whilst Laura Tuck also improved her grade to 3rd kyu blue belt.
Pickerill and Johnson represented Soham College at the British Schools Nationals in Cardiff on March 29.
In September, there will be a 10-week introductory judo course at Soham Village College. Contact Susannah Lewis on 01353 724119 or 01353 722297 for more information.
More information about the Littleport Judo Club is available at the Leisure Centre or by ringing one of the coaches on 01553 763973 or 01553 840573.