Lightning unfazed despite loss
ELY City boss Denis Lightning was satisfied with his team’s performance despite going down 2-0 to Biggleswade United.
ELY City boss Denis Lightning was satisfied with his team’s performance despite going down 2-0 to South Midlands League side Biggleswade United on Saturday.
First half strikes from United’s Stuart Childs and Liam Murray handed the visitors the win against the Robins who were lining up in their first pre-season match of the 2010/11 campaign.
Despite the loss however, Lightning insisted it was good to see his side back out and playing football ahead of the start of the new season at Felixstowe and Walton on August 7.
“The team have been training very hard over the last few weeks and I think they needed a good run around to help them get back into the swing of things,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I wasn’t too worried about the result, I thought we had plenty of chances to win the game. I think it was more important to get the lads back out there and playing, i expect results will start to improve as we go through the games leading up to the start of the season in August.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues