Liberatore snatches late point for Greens
SOHAM’S frustration continued at the weekend as they notched up their fifth draw in nine league games so far this season.
Great Wakering 1
Soham Town Rangers 1
The Greens have struggled to find the balance of potent attack and solid defence needed to turn draws into wins this season and so it proved again on Saturday as they needed a late Tom Liberatore goal to rescue a point.
The draw sees the Andy Furnell’s men slip to 15th place in the Ryman League One North ahead of their game against struggling Waltham Abbey on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
It took until the 62nd minute before the deadlock was finally broken, the hosts’ Bradley Nobbs smashing home from the edge of the area after the ball broke to him.
The lively Denny Escorcio had a good opportunity to put Soham back on terms shortly after falling behind but he placed his shot narrowly wide of the post after beating his man on the edge of the box.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
After a spell of incessant late pressure, Soham finally earned their reward, with Dan Cotton’s deep corner falling to Liberatore, who made no mistake from close quarters.