Young Haddenham fighters box clever but narrowly miss out on a title
- Credit: Archant
Two young boxers from Haddenham put up a good fight when they competed in the final of the Youth Championships in Middlesex.
Liam Finlay and Callum Francis, both 17, got to the finals but lost by a close margin.
Haddenham Boxing Club coach Mike Sawyer said: “You could have tossed a coin to find the winner.
“Both lads put up a really good fight and their opponents were strong competition.”
For Liam it is the third time he has got the final and the third time he has lost out on a win.
You may also want to watch:
Mike said: “This year he boxed very well indeed, there was barely anything in it, his opponent was very good.”
For Callum, his opponent was very sharp and despite putting up a good fight he too lost out, Mike added.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Man found dead in March
“I am very proud of the both. They’ve worked hard and they were both good fights.”
Two other members of the club fight at Bedford tonight (Monday 10) in their first bouts.
Nathan Witt is against Jay Smith and Johnnie Morgan is against A Miller.