Learning about netball
FIFTEEN children have been taking part in a fun and educational netball course at the Stretham Summer School this week. The week has been mixed up with quizzes, a variety of games based on hand-to-eye co-ordination, and some netball drills that have been
FIFTEEN children have been taking part in a fun and educational netball course at the Stretham Summer School this week.
The week has been mixed up with quizzes, a variety of games based on hand-to-eye co-ordination, and some netball drills that have been recommended by the England Netball Association. Throughout these drills the children mastered the basic techniques involved in the sport, such as passing, catching, shooting and footwork, and their reactions were also constantly tested.
The course, which finishes tomorrow (Friday), has been run by Janette Sadler along with June Radford and
Caroline Falkner. Ms Sadler is now going on to become a full-time professional netball coach.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "All of the kids have improved dramatically in a short space of time and they were smiling and laughing and enjoying themselves throughout. It's been an extremely rewarding experience and I'd love to see more youngsters getting involved in netball, and for it to become more of a mainstream sport in the future.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'