LAWN BOWLS: Another Commonwealth Games medal for City of Ely star Ellen Falkner
- Credit: James Bass
City of Ely star Ellen Falkner has added another major medal to her vast collection.
Falkner won bronze in the Women’s Triples at the Commonwealth Games last week.
She teamed up with Katherine Rednall and Sian Honnor as they beat Canada 20-12 in the bronze medal match on the Gold Coast.
The England trio were beaten 16-13 by eventual winners Australia in the semi-finals after previously overcoming Wales 16-11 in the last eight.
Falkner, who was also an ambassador for Team England, had previously won Commonwealth gold in 2002, 2010 and 2014. She is also a three-time world indoor singles champion.
You may also want to watch:
City of Ely brothers Rob and Ed Elmore reached the quarter-finals of a National Indoor Championships event last weekend.
The siblings played in the Family Pairs where they bowed out following a 20-14 loss to Ben and Mick Sharpe from the Kingsthorpe club in Northampton.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on