Late goals stun the Fenmen as never-say-die ’Hall fight back
WISBECH scored in the first minute but Mildenhall still managed to come back to win 2-1 on Tuesday night. The Fenmen stunned the Recreation Way crowd early on but Owen Paynter and Tom English scored in the last 15 minutes to secure the Ridgeons Premier Le
WISBECH scored in the first minute but Mildenhall still managed to come back to win 2-1 on Tuesday night.
The Fenmen stunned the Recreation Way crowd early on but Owen Paynter and Tom English scored in the last 15 minutes to secure the Ridgeons Premier League victory.
Wayne Goddard was at the heart of the attacks, supplying the crosses for both goals.
'Hall assistant manager Ricky Cornish said: "We played at a good tempo and after the first minute blip we played very well - we closed down the space and passed the ball around."
You may also want to watch:
n A last-minute goal was a body blow to Ely as they lost 2-1 at home to Saffron Walden.
With most of the Ridgeons First Division match being played in torrential rain at the Unwin Ground, Walden opened the scoring a minute into the second half.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Stephen Spriggs levelled matters 10 minutes from time from his right-wing position, but Walden snatched a winner in the last minute to leave Ely kicking themselves.
Robins manager Dennis Lightning said: "We didn't perform as I thought we would do, to be honest. The rain lashed down in the first half and I think if it had kept going for another 10 minutes, the game would have been called off.
"That's been our problem all season - dropping points against teams below us. It is something we will have to put right for next season.