Late goal snatches points for Greens
A RICHARD Gammon goal two minutes from time handed Soham a much-needed win at Needham Market on Tuesday night.
Needham Market 2
Soham Town Rangers 3
With the Greens heading towards their sixth draw in just 11 games, substitute Gammon upset the odds by netting moments after coming on to hand Soham their first win in eight games.
The victory moves Soham three points clear of Great Wakering Rovers in 18th place in the Ryman Division One North.
A shaky start from Soham saw the home side move into the lead shortly after the 10-minute mark but Furnell’s men settled soon thereafter and were more than a match for their lofty opponents as the game progressed.
The Greens piled on the pressure in the second half and pulled level on the hour-mark as centre-back Tom Liberatore netted.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 3 Quick-thinking officer who stopped man jumping onto A14 honoured
- 4 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 5 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 6 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 7 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
Needham came back fighting however, and despite seeing a man sent off, managed to move back into the lead just minutes after the Greens had drawn level.
Furnell’s men were not to be outdone though, as frontman Matt Robinson finished from a corner to get Soham back on terms before Gammon weighed in late on to snatch all three points for the visitors.