Late goal snatches points for Greens
A RICHARD Gammon goal two minutes from time handed Soham a much-needed win at Needham Market on Tuesday night.
Needham Market 2
Soham Town Rangers 3
With the Greens heading towards their sixth draw in just 11 games, substitute Gammon upset the odds by netting moments after coming on to hand Soham their first win in eight games.
The victory moves Soham three points clear of Great Wakering Rovers in 18th place in the Ryman Division One North.
You may also want to watch:
A shaky start from Soham saw the home side move into the lead shortly after the 10-minute mark but Furnell’s men settled soon thereafter and were more than a match for their lofty opponents as the game progressed.
The Greens piled on the pressure in the second half and pulled level on the hour-mark as centre-back Tom Liberatore netted.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
Needham came back fighting however, and despite seeing a man sent off, managed to move back into the lead just minutes after the Greens had drawn level.
Furnell’s men were not to be outdone though, as frontman Matt Robinson finished from a corner to get Soham back on terms before Gammon weighed in late on to snatch all three points for the visitors.