Late Gammon Strike Brings Home The Bacon For Soham
AN INJURY time strike from Richard Gammon saw Soham snatch all three points against Marlow on Tuesday night. Ian Benjamin s Greens have been in unstoppable form of late and their unbeaten run was stretched to five games thanks to a superlative late effort
AN INJURY time strike from Richard Gammon saw Soham snatch all three points against Marlow on Tuesday night.
Ian Benjamin's Greens have been in unstoppable form of late and their unbeaten run was stretched to five games thanks to a superlative late effort from substitute Gammon, who rifled home from some 25-yards with the game seemingly destined for the draw.
The win propels the Greens on to the landmark 40 points this season with just nine games left to play.
In a largely even contest it took until the 68th minute to break the deadlock as increasingly influential midfielder Scott Carter, rose highest to nod home a free-kick.
You may also want to watch:
The goal sparked the game into life following what had been a particularly reserved first-half and the visitors were soon level through wide-man Aaron Couch who slotted home with less than a quarter of the match to go.
Both teams went in search of the winner in the minutes that followed the equaliser but it was Soham who managed to take the points with game petering out as Gammon latched on to a long ball to fire home.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment