Hole lot of success for Sutton Bridge lady golfers
- Credit: Archant
Sutton Bridge lady golfers were presented with trophies for their winning streak in competitions held throughout the year.
Lady golfer of the year was Karen Gillett, scratch golfer of the year was Nicola Elphick and most improved golfer was Roz Fridholm.
To finish off the year, between the October 5 and 18, three ladies shot a Hole in One, Jane Woolard on the 15th hole and Margaret Fox and Judy Green on the second hole.
1st Brenda Bell, 2nd Christine Burrell, 3rd Karen Gillett.
You may also want to watch:
2. Hurst Cup:
1st Janet Groves, 2nd Ann Davis, 3rd Judy Green.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
3. Ladies v Ladies committee:
Ladies committee won the end of season match by three games to one.
The trophies were presented at the ladies annual general meeting, held after the end of season match.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club is a nine hole members’ club, established in 1914, and located around an abandoned late 19th century dock basin next to the River Nene.