Hole lot of success for Sutton Bridge lady golfers
- Credit: Archant
Sutton Bridge lady golfers were presented with trophies for their winning streak in competitions held throughout the year.
Lady golfer of the year was Karen Gillett, scratch golfer of the year was Nicola Elphick and most improved golfer was Roz Fridholm.
To finish off the year, between the October 5 and 18, three ladies shot a Hole in One, Jane Woolard on the 15th hole and Margaret Fox and Judy Green on the second hole.
1st Brenda Bell, 2nd Christine Burrell, 3rd Karen Gillett.
2. Hurst Cup:
1st Janet Groves, 2nd Ann Davis, 3rd Judy Green.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
3. Ladies v Ladies committee:
Ladies committee won the end of season match by three games to one.
The trophies were presented at the ladies annual general meeting, held after the end of season match.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club is a nine hole members’ club, established in 1914, and located around an abandoned late 19th century dock basin next to the River Nene.