Ladies recover from slow start to dazzle Icons
City of Ely I 30 Icons 28
A SLOW start from Ely against Icons saw them 10-1 behind within five minutes of the start.
Over the next 30 minutes the team pulled together to close the gap to only four goals with a quarter left to play. Strong defence from Kate Randall and Emma Ayers put pressure on the Icons attack whilst faultless shooting from Jenny Tovey helped the team capitalise in the dying minutes of the game. A nail-biting final 15 minutes saw City pull ahead with five minutes to go. They held onto the narrow lead to take the win by 30 goals to 28.
City of Ely 1 49
Chiltern Ladies 33
You may also want to watch:
CITY of Ely came out strong against Chiltern, taking a six-goal lead in the first quarter.
The team broke down the opposition attack with impressive interceptions from Rowena Perrin and Paula Edwards. The team built on this lead as the game progressed to win by 49 goals to 33. Sam King took the player of the match accolade for both games. The back-to-back wins saw Ely reach third in the County Premier League table.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages