Ladies cruise past Wisbech
Ely Ladies 1st XI moved to within two touching distance of top-spot in the Cambridge Ladies Hockey League after cruising past Wisbech 7-2. Despite having not played for a fortnight, Ely were dangerous straight from the start with some well-rehearsed pass
Ely Ladies 1st XI moved to within two touching distance of top-spot in the Cambridge Ladies Hockey League after cruising past Wisbech 7-2.
Despite having not played for a fortnight, Ely were dangerous straight from the start with some well-rehearsed passing moves proving too good for the Wisbech 2nd XI.
Krista Hopkinson, returning to the side after absence, played well in the centre of midfield to help Ely dominate the early possession. This allowed Dani Fletcher, Ali Chapman and Emily Kisby to capitalise on space created out wide for the home side.
Ely's passing soon got the better of the visitors and Man-of-the-match Gemma Voutt weighed in with four goals for the team with Chanre Bond getting herself a hat-trick.
You may also want to watch:
Next weekend the team head for Cambridge to take on the University 3rd in their bid to supersede leaders Cambridge City.
Team: Laura Tuck (GK), Fiona Bartley, Cathy Gilmour, Hannah Scotney (captain), Holly Radcliffe, Krista Hopkinson, Pamela Clarke, Emily Kisby, Ali Chapman, Chanre Bond, Dani Fletcher, Gemma Voutt, Jo Rayner (manager)
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress