MARTIAL ARTS: Kuk Sool Won-Ely produce strong display at UK Championships
- Credit: Archant
A martial arts club in Ely produced an admirable performance at their latest tournament.
Kuk Sool Won-Ely competed alongside 55 other schools at the UK championships in Liverpool, despite bringing a depleted squad to the event.
However, the club finished as the fifth top performing school, with the top four fielding double the number of competitors.
Two black belt students, Isabelle Kent and Ami Hedgecock, became grand champions and are the first club members to win this accolade.
A club spokesperson said: "I would like to thank all the parents and the number one support for being there and making KSW-Ely the amazing school it has become and is becoming!"
You may also want to watch:
In recognition of their top five spot, Kuk Sool Won-Ely was presented with a new sword by the grand master and founder of the art.
The club now look ahead to competing in the Scottish and European championships next summer. KSW-Ely was opened four years ago.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home