Korfball - Raw power by in-form Lions
IT was an early start for the Littleport Lions Korfball Club on Saturday, as they left in the morning to take part in the Oxford Korfball Tournament. The team of eight played their first game against an Oxford team, beating them 8-0. The success continue
IT was an early start for the Littleport Lions Korfball Club on Saturday, as they left in the morning to take part in the Oxford Korfball Tournament.
The team of eight played their first game against an Oxford team, beating them 8-0. The success continued throughout the morning games as Lions sailed through undefeated. The local Lions played against teams from Oxford, Milton Keynes, London and Exeter.
The Lions kept their cool throughout the afternoon games and worked fantastically as a team to reach the final against a strong side from Exeter.
Lions fell behind twice during the game but managed to win 6-3.
You may also want to watch:
During the day there were some excellent goals from sisters Laura and Lindsey Neaves and from their brother Tim.
It was a very successful day with every Lions player getting on the scoresheet and ending the day undefeated.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
The Littleport Lions will be hosting their two-day tournament this coming weekend at the Littleport Leisure Centre when teams from all over England will be competing.
There will also be a junior tournament take place on Sunday.
On Saturday night, Lions will be hosting a social event with rock band ProVirus and ceilidh kings Apes Japes.