EQUESTRIAN: King’s Ely trio qualify for National Schools Equestrian Association (NSEA) Championship Plate
- Credit: Archant
Three King’s Ely riders qualified for the National Schools Equestrian Association (NSEA) Championship Plate.
Four members of the school’s young team competed in the NSEA Show Jumping Competition at Forest Edge Arena in Norfolk, earlier this month.
Ellie Grimsey and Harriet Froud competed as individuals in the 70cms class. Both riders jumped superb double clears and Ellie secured a place in the Championship Plate after coming third. Ellie went on to compete in the 80cms class and, despite jumping very well, was unplaced.
In the 1m class, a clear round saw Eleanor Fairey qualifying for the Championship Plate after being placed sixth. Katie Cameron also qualified after coming third in the 1m 10cms class.
There is also some good news for the equestrian team from the previous week’s competition. Having missed out on a place in the National Final, King’s Ely’s 90cms team of Adele Shaw, Ryan Shaw, Eleanor Fairey and Ellie Grimsey have now been re-instated to second place after an error by the event organiser was rectified.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, the squad will now be off to the NSEA Championships taking place in Keysoe, Bedfordshire, in December.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines