Rowing duo celebrate ‘fantastic’ racing season
- Credit: King's Ely
A rowing duo from Ely are celebrating a ‘fantastic’ season after winning bronze medals at the British Rowing Junior Championships in Nottingham.
King’s Ely sixth form students, Will Buckingham and Conall Comley, who are both dedicated members of King’s Ely Boat Club, produced a ‘stunning performance’ in the J18 boys double race.
The pair's bronze medal success came just a couple of weeks after they won a silver medal at the National Schools’ Regatta, where they placed second in the J18 boys double race.
Holly Burke and Mia Gray also made the finals of the competition after placing twelfth out of 30.
Head of Rowing at King’s Ely, Craig Ward, said: “Conall and Will have worked incredibly hard this season and have been rewarded with medals respectively.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the first time in nine years that a King’s Ely crew has achieved such a feat, so we are understandably very proud of their success.”
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos