Ely students on top form at British Rowing Senior Championships
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely sixth formers Holly Lancaster and Rebecca Garrett won the girls’ under 19 doubles race at the British Rowing Senior Championships.
Alex Millard and Will White, also students at King’s Ely sixth form, came second in the boys’ under 19 doubles race on the day.
The British Rowing Senior Championships see the top senior rowers from across the country racing each other.
Craig Ward, head of rowing at King’s Ely, said: “Holly and Rebecca rowed incredibly well and achieved an excellent result so early in the season. “All of the squad raced well in fact, and have taken away a lot of knowledge racing alongside GB rowing crews and top clubs such as Leander.”
The race is one of the few events in the UK where Great Britain’s international rowers compete under their club colours.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the race visit www.britishrowing.org
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos