King's Pupil Takes Silver
KING S School Ely pupil Sarah Foss, recorded a new personal best to collect a silver medal at the National Prep School s Athletics Championships last week. Twelve-year-old Sarah competed among distinguished company in under 14 high jump and held her nerv
KING'S School Ely pupil Sarah Foss, recorded a new personal best to collect a silver medal at the National Prep School's Athletics Championships last week.
Twelve-year-old Sarah competed among distinguished company in under 14 high jump and held her nerve to snag the silver medal with a jump of 1m 44cm, a centimetre better than her previous personal best and a new school record.
King's head of athletics, Richard Powell, said: "Sarah is a very talented athlete and could easily have won high jump gold with a little more luck. She jumped very well on the day, determined to make up for her disappointment in the long jump. The winner cleared 1m 47cm and Sarah came very close to clearing that herself but in the end had to settle for second place and a silver medal.
Sam Hirons in the under13 100 metres and Harriet Shorthose in the under13 200 metres meanwhile, both made the finals of their sprints, fine achievements by the pair who are aiming to be back next year for a shot at the medal posititons.
You may also want to watch:
"The standard at this meeting gets higher every year so our three athletes who qualified this year did exceptionally well and will hopefully inspire more King's pupils to reach such heights in the future," said Powell.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College