King’s Ely swimmers make waves at the ASA County Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two King’s Ely swimmers made a splash by winning multiple medals at the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) County Championships.
Thomas Alderton, a year five pupil at King’s Ely and one of the very youngest swimmers to qualify for the Championships, swam superbly to reach the final of the combined U10/11yrs 50m Breaststroke final.
Thomas was the only under 10 to make the final, showing terrific potential and producing yet another super-quick time.
Year seven pupil George Goodfellow also had a great championship, racing distances from 50 metres to 1,500m across all four strokes and grabbing an impressive 11 medals, with three golds, six silvers and two bronzes.
All of George’s hard work during training certainly paid off, with the young swimmer finishing second in the overall competition for 12-year-olds.
You may also want to watch:
On the final day, Thomas and George helped their team to fifth overall in some thrilling relay racing.
Both boys will be competing for the City of Ely later this month against local teams in the Fenland League.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment