King’s Ely hockey players to represent the county at regional tournament next month
- Credit: KING’S ELY
A handful of King’s Ely hockey players are set to represent Cambridgeshire at a regional tournament next month.
The U14A girl’s squad competed in the Cambridge County Tier 2 Hockey Tournament on Tuesday, October 9.
They beat Saffron Walden County High School 3-1 and Wisbech Grammar School 5-2 to win the competition.
As a result, they will now represent the county at the Regional Tier 2 Tournament in November.
On the same day, the 1st XI girls played against Stamford High School in the preliminary round of the England Hockey Nationals Schools Tier 1 Competition.
You may also want to watch:
Chanre Bond, head of girls’ games, said: “Every King’s Ely player put in a fantastic performance and the final score was 3-0 to King’s Ely, with Rebecca Daniel scoring all three goals.
“We are all delighted with the performances of both the U14A and the 1st XI team players.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
“The energy and drive with which they played on the day gave them their well-deserved victories.”