King’s Ely crowned Isle of Ely District cross country champions
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely hosted and won the Isle of Ely District Cross Country Championships.
Students from Ely College, Witchford Village College, Littleport and East Cambs Academy, Cromwell Community College, Neale-Wade Academy and Wisbech Grammar School travelled to King’s Ely to compete in the event on November 15.
King’s Ely came first, Wisbech Grammar School came second and Cromwell Community College came third.
A total of 37 King’s Ely Junior and Senior pupils qualified for the next round of the Championships, which are being held at Netherhall School in Cambridge in January.
Teacher of PE and games at King’s Ely Junior, Charlotte Fletcher, said: “It was fantastic to be able to both host and win the Isle of Ely District Cross Country Championships, which were blessed with glorious winter sunshine this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Congratulations to all students for their efforts, particularly those who qualified to represent their school in the next round of the championships.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph