Junior Netballers Make It To The County Squad
TWO junior netballers from Stretham Netball Club – Emma Lowe and Katie Falconer – are riding high after being selected to join the Cambridgeshire under-14 Netball Academy. The two girls – one from Stretham and the other from Haddenham – are members of a
TWO junior netballers from Stretham Netball Club - Emma Lowe and Katie Falconer - are riding high after being selected to join the Cambridgeshire under-14 Netball Academy.
The two girls - one from Stretham and the other from Haddenham - are members of a highly successful junior section of a club that has been going for well over three years, and they attended trials with over 60 other girls.
Emma and Katie will undertake 10 weeks of intensive training at Comberton Village College fortnightly from September, and are being coached by Janette Sadler on Wednesday evenings.
Primary school children have their own sessions at Stretham recreation ground on a Wednesday from 4.30-5.30pm in term time only. Girls any older will be part of the adult training at Wicken recreation ground from 7.30-9.00pm all year round. Any juniors or adults wishing to get into netball can contact Caroline Falconer on 07904435515 for more details.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the under-14 team claimed their first victory of the campaign at Milton.
Stretham trailed 6-1 at the end of the first quarter, but took control thereafter and never looked back, winning 16-12 at the finish.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Photo: HELEN DRAKE. 8731HD0908: Emma Lowe, left, and Katie Falconer have started training with Cambridgeshire's under-14 netball squad.