Junior Football Round-up
JUNIOR FOOTBALL KERSHAW LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION LITTLEPORT Town began their season with a great 5-3 win at Cottenham United. Central defender David Beeton opened the scoring and was also booked, and further goals from Andrew Francis (2), Rob Foreman and s
KERSHAW LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
LITTLEPORT Town began their season with a great 5-3 win at Cottenham United.
Central defender David Beeton opened the scoring and was also booked, and further goals from Andrew Francis (2), Rob Foreman and substitute Luke Butcher ensured that Dave Cullum's side started with three points.
You may also want to watch:
Ely City Reserves entertained Histon A, and whilst it took them some time to get into their stride they gradually piled on the pressure and took the lead in the first half.
David Harvey burst through the middle following a good move, and calmly lifted the ball over the goalkeeper and into the net.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
City then had a 'goal' disallowed for a foul on the goalkeeper, but after the break it was Histon who got on top.
Ely defended well and goalkeeper Leigh Follen made some fine saves, but with 25 minutes remaining Histon equalised and 1-1 was how it finished.
Fordham entertained newly-promoted Lakenheath, but had only a Daren Pryke goal to show for their efforts as they were thrashed 5-1.
SENIOR DIVISION A
SOHAM led 2-0 against Hardwick at half-time thanks to a double from Ben Howe, but the visitors got back on level terms midway through the second half.
With time running out however, Liam Eley grabbed a late winner when his shot was deflected in at the near post.
SENIOR DIVISION B
HADDENHAM Rovers opened their campaign with a stylish 4-1 victory at Bluntisham Rangers.
Kenny Holmes grabbed two goals for the visitors, and he was joined on the scoresheet by Phil Harle and Simon Jones.
Littleport Town Reserves - reprieved from relegation by re-structuring of the league - also won by a 2-1 margin at Outwell Swifts.
Second half goals from Carl Ryan and Jason Walker did the trick for 'Port.
Soham United meanwhile lost by the odd goal in seven at home to West Row Gunners Reserves - the side they beat on the opening day last season.