MARTIAL ARTS: British legend Brian Jacks cuts the ribbon at Littleport Judo Club
- Credit: Archant
Six-time European Judo champion and ‘Superstars’ legend Brian Jacks showcased his skills in Littleport last weekend.
Jacks, who won Britain’s first ever medal at world championship level, was in East Cambridgeshire to officially open Littleport Judo Club.
Jacks cut the ribbon before hosting two masterclasses for juniors and seniors.
The village’s aspiring judo youngsters were told by Brian at the end of their session: “The secret of success is, don’t give up, and keep enjoying what you’re doing.”
Littleport Judo Club chairman and senior coach, Ray Taylor, was awarded with ‘The Spirit of Judo’ Shield for his tireless work from grass roots and senior level over many years.
You may also want to watch:
A club spokesman said: “It was an honour to host Brian Jacks’ Judo masterclass.
“It was a great afternoon of Judo and the feedback has been brilliant. Brian has inspired another generation of Judoka!”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor