MARTIAL ARTS: British legend Brian Jacks cuts the ribbon at Littleport Judo Club
- Credit: Archant
Six-time European Judo champion and ‘Superstars’ legend Brian Jacks showcased his skills in Littleport last weekend.
Jacks, who won Britain’s first ever medal at world championship level, was in East Cambridgeshire to officially open Littleport Judo Club.
Jacks cut the ribbon before hosting two masterclasses for juniors and seniors.
The village’s aspiring judo youngsters were told by Brian at the end of their session: “The secret of success is, don’t give up, and keep enjoying what you’re doing.”
Littleport Judo Club chairman and senior coach, Ray Taylor, was awarded with ‘The Spirit of Judo’ Shield for his tireless work from grass roots and senior level over many years.
A club spokesman said: “It was an honour to host Brian Jacks’ Judo masterclass.
“It was a great afternoon of Judo and the feedback has been brilliant. Brian has inspired another generation of Judoka!”
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’