Jrdan injury blw
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Swaffham Twn 0 Sham Twn Rangers 1 SOHAM wn their fifth successive league game n Saturday, but galkeeper Lea Jrdan suffered an injury and culd be ut f actin fr several weeks. Jrdan cllided with team-mate Stuar
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
Swaffham Twn 0 Sham Twn Rangers 1
SOHAM wn their fifth successive league game n Saturday, but galkeeper Lea Jrdan suffered an injury and culd be ut f actin fr several weeks.
Jrdan cllided with team-mate Stuart Williams n the edge f the bx, and Rangers bss Ian Benjamin feared ligament damage.
"It lks as if he's ging t be ut fr a cuple f weeks at least," said Benjamin, "s I'm lking fr ther ptins at the mment."
An early gal frm leading screr Charles Libam decided this scrappy affair in favur f the visitrs.
- 1 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 4 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 7 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 8 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 9 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 10 Three officers commended for 2021 Boat Race policing
Libam struck after gd wrk by Michael Simpsn, Andy Furnell and Paul Jnes, and Benjamin felt that his striker was the difference between the tw sides.
"He was excellent and deserved his gal," said the Rangers manager, "but we just culdn't get a secnd."
The cnditin f the pitch dictated Sham's apprach t the match.
"We had a lk befre the game and decided we were ging t have t play in a certain way," Benjamin explained, adding: "It was atrcius"
Sham's win mved them back t within a pint f leaders Needham Market, but they face a tugh hme encunter with Kings Lynn Reserves n Saturday.
"We haven't dne particularly well against them in the past," said Benjamin earlier this week, "but we need t win t keep the pressure n Needham Market."
Striker Andy Furnell misses the clash with Kings Lynn Reserves thrugh suspensin.
He is als ruled ut f the matches at Stanway Rvers (27 February) and at hme t Nrwich United (1 March).
Michael Simpsn will remain at Sham t try t achieve his aim f playing ftball at a higher level, having rejected a pssible mve t Suthern League Crby Twn.