Jrdan injury blw
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Swaffham Twn 0 Sham Twn Rangers 1 SOHAM wn their fifth successive league game n Saturday, but galkeeper Lea Jrdan suffered an injury and culd be ut f actin fr several weeks. Jrdan cllided with team-mate Stuar
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
Swaffham Twn 0 Sham Twn Rangers 1
SOHAM wn their fifth successive league game n Saturday, but galkeeper Lea Jrdan suffered an injury and culd be ut f actin fr several weeks.
Jrdan cllided with team-mate Stuart Williams n the edge f the bx, and Rangers bss Ian Benjamin feared ligament damage.
You may also want to watch:
"It lks as if he's ging t be ut fr a cuple f weeks at least," said Benjamin, "s I'm lking fr ther ptins at the mment."
An early gal frm leading screr Charles Libam decided this scrappy affair in favur f the visitrs.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Libam struck after gd wrk by Michael Simpsn, Andy Furnell and Paul Jnes, and Benjamin felt that his striker was the difference between the tw sides.
"He was excellent and deserved his gal," said the Rangers manager, "but we just culdn't get a secnd."
The cnditin f the pitch dictated Sham's apprach t the match.
"We had a lk befre the game and decided we were ging t have t play in a certain way," Benjamin explained, adding: "It was atrcius"
Sham's win mved them back t within a pint f leaders Needham Market, but they face a tugh hme encunter with Kings Lynn Reserves n Saturday.
"We haven't dne particularly well against them in the past," said Benjamin earlier this week, "but we need t win t keep the pressure n Needham Market."
Striker Andy Furnell misses the clash with Kings Lynn Reserves thrugh suspensin.
He is als ruled ut f the matches at Stanway Rvers (27 February) and at hme t Nrwich United (1 March).
Michael Simpsn will remain at Sham t try t achieve his aim f playing ftball at a higher level, having rejected a pssible mve t Suthern League Crby Twn.