Jrdan injury blw
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Swaffham Twn 0 Sham Twn Rangers 1 SOHAM wn their fifth successive league game n Saturday, but galkeeper Lea Jrdan suffered an injury and culd be ut f actin fr several weeks. Jrdan cllided with team-mate Stuar
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
Swaffham Twn 0 Sham Twn Rangers 1
SOHAM wn their fifth successive league game n Saturday, but galkeeper Lea Jrdan suffered an injury and culd be ut f actin fr several weeks.
Jrdan cllided with team-mate Stuart Williams n the edge f the bx, and Rangers bss Ian Benjamin feared ligament damage.
"It lks as if he's ging t be ut fr a cuple f weeks at least," said Benjamin, "s I'm lking fr ther ptins at the mment."
An early gal frm leading screr Charles Libam decided this scrappy affair in favur f the visitrs.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 10 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
Libam struck after gd wrk by Michael Simpsn, Andy Furnell and Paul Jnes, and Benjamin felt that his striker was the difference between the tw sides.
"He was excellent and deserved his gal," said the Rangers manager, "but we just culdn't get a secnd."
The cnditin f the pitch dictated Sham's apprach t the match.
"We had a lk befre the game and decided we were ging t have t play in a certain way," Benjamin explained, adding: "It was atrcius"
Sham's win mved them back t within a pint f leaders Needham Market, but they face a tugh hme encunter with Kings Lynn Reserves n Saturday.
"We haven't dne particularly well against them in the past," said Benjamin earlier this week, "but we need t win t keep the pressure n Needham Market."
Striker Andy Furnell misses the clash with Kings Lynn Reserves thrugh suspensin.
He is als ruled ut f the matches at Stanway Rvers (27 February) and at hme t Nrwich United (1 March).
Michael Simpsn will remain at Sham t try t achieve his aim f playing ftball at a higher level, having rejected a pssible mve t Suthern League Crby Twn.