Jones Gives Dunstable The Blues
SOHAM Town Rangers picked up their first win in six games after a late goal saw them snatch a 3-2 win away at Dunstable Town. Paul Jones was the hero on the day as, with just 10 minutes remaining, he managed to scramble home the winner following a half-sa
SOHAM Town Rangers picked up their first win in six games after a late goal saw them snatch a 3-2 win away at Dunstable Town.
Paul Jones was the hero on the day as, with just 10 minutes remaining, he managed to scramble home the winner following a half-save from the Dunstable keeper which fell auspiciously into his path.
The victory was made all the sweeter by virtue of the fact that the Greens twice came from behind to secure the victory, a feature that is fast becoming habitual following similar results in recent weeks.
Dunstable's opening goal came after 10 minutes when striker Scott Sinclair latched on to a half-cleared ball to fire past Soham keeper Sean Greygoose, who was incumbent between the posts for the first time this season.
The lead wasn't in tact for long however, as Jones proved decisive among a couple of dithering defenders and fired home to restore parity.
Dunstable were always lively going forward and once again took the lead five minutes short of the half-time whistle when Ryan Quinn poked home after Sinclair had struck a post.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 7 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 10 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
Soham's endeavour in the half was not to go entirely unrewarded though, and they once again managed to get back on terms two minutes into injury time when Shawn Richards rounded the keeper to net his third goal in five league appearances.
Despite several good chances for both teams in the second-half neither managed to take the lead until just 10 minutes from time when Jones managed to bag his second of the match.
The win moves Soham into 14th place and onto 33 points with their next match at home to Bromsgrove Rovers on Saturday.