Jon gets the nod
MILDENHALL has appointed Jon Armstrong as captain to replace axed Shaun Tacey and he will begin his new role in Sunday s Premier League speedway fixture against Somerset. The 31-year-old fans favourite was always the most likely choice following the suc
MILDENHALL has appointed Jon Armstrong as captain to replace axed Shaun Tacey and he will begin his new role in Sunday's Premier League speedway fixture against Somerset.
The 31-year-old fans' favourite was always the most likely choice following the success he had in the role last season. He was the supporters' choice again after amassing 49 per cent of the votes in a poll carried out on the club's website, ahead of Australian number one Jason Lyons, who polled 29 per cent.
The club have received clarification from the BSPA of Andrew Moore's Premier League average, which is 6.09 - more than a point and a half less than originally predicted.
That means Moore will now take the No.3 position with Daniel King remaining at No.5, as teams must ride their two highest averaged riders at one and five.
You may also want to watch:
Mildenhall Academy's scheduled fixture on Friday at Plymouth was postponed because of a waterlogged track.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody