Jarvis picks up more points in Japan
BURWELL motor racing driver Oliver Jarvis picked-up more valuable championship points in the All Japan F3 Series at Suzuka at the weekend. Jarvis, 23, remains second in the drivers championship but kept up the pressure on leader Roberto Streit with impre
BURWELL motor racing driver Oliver Jarvis picked-up more valuable championship points in the All Japan F3 Series at Suzuka at the weekend.
Jarvis, 23, remains second in the drivers' championship but kept up the pressure on leader Roberto Streit with impressive second and fourth place finishes.
Qualifying for the round nine race was made all the more challenging with drying track conditions after morning rain.
And after getting caught up in traffic, Jarvis spun his TOM'S Toyota car and had to settle for ninth on the grid, with Streit in pole.
You may also want to watch:
The second qualifying session was much better for Jarvis who lapped third fastest behind pole sitter Kodai Tsukakoshi and Streit in second.
Jarvis began the round nine race with a brilliant start and finished fourth. Streit held his position off the grid to win the race.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The Cambridgeshire driver overtook Streit in the early stages of the round 10 race but was unable to pass the eventual winner, Tsukakoshi. Streit dropped to fourth place behind Jarvis' TOM'S team mate Kazuya Oshima.
Supporters of Jarvis can see him back in the UK in action at Donington at the weekend. He will be driving the guest car in the Porsche Carrera Cup of Great Britain.