Jarvis picks up more points in Japan
BURWELL motor racing driver Oliver Jarvis picked-up more valuable championship points in the All Japan F3 Series at Suzuka at the weekend. Jarvis, 23, remains second in the drivers championship but kept up the pressure on leader Roberto Streit with impre
BURWELL motor racing driver Oliver Jarvis picked-up more valuable championship points in the All Japan F3 Series at Suzuka at the weekend.
Jarvis, 23, remains second in the drivers' championship but kept up the pressure on leader Roberto Streit with impressive second and fourth place finishes.
Qualifying for the round nine race was made all the more challenging with drying track conditions after morning rain.
And after getting caught up in traffic, Jarvis spun his TOM'S Toyota car and had to settle for ninth on the grid, with Streit in pole.
The second qualifying session was much better for Jarvis who lapped third fastest behind pole sitter Kodai Tsukakoshi and Streit in second.
Jarvis began the round nine race with a brilliant start and finished fourth. Streit held his position off the grid to win the race.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 6 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
The Cambridgeshire driver overtook Streit in the early stages of the round 10 race but was unable to pass the eventual winner, Tsukakoshi. Streit dropped to fourth place behind Jarvis' TOM'S team mate Kazuya Oshima.
Supporters of Jarvis can see him back in the UK in action at Donington at the weekend. He will be driving the guest car in the Porsche Carrera Cup of Great Britain.