Jarvis makes it a win double
OLIVER Jarvis claimed his second win in less than a week with a debut Formula Three victory, in Japan. The Burwell-based racing driver, who claimed Britain s first A1 victory in Mexico, won the first All Japan F3 event of the season on the Fuji circuit fo
OLIVER Jarvis claimed his second win in less than a week with a debut Formula Three victory, in Japan.
The Burwell-based racing driver, who claimed Britain's first A1 victory in Mexico, won the first All Japan F3 event of the season on the Fuji circuit for TOM'S Toyota.
Jarvis controlled the race, and powered through heavy rain and difficult track conditions on the last nine laps to take the chequered flag with a four-second advantage over team-mates Hiroaki Ishiura and Kazuya Oshima, who came second and third.
Jarvis said: "It was a fantastic feeling to get the first win in Japan wrapped up. It is a great result personally and, of course, for the TOM'S Team with a one-two-three finish.
You may also want to watch:
"I could see rain on my visor but, with me being out in the lead, it was impossible to tell how the track was changing with each lap. I just kept my concentration to the end.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station