James Easter, who has 30 years experience in speedway, joins KJM Fen Tigers in advisory role
- Credit: Archant
“The final piece of the jigsaw for Mildenhall speedway,” James Easter, is joining KJM Fen Tigers in an advisory role.
Mr Easter, who has promoted at Peterborough, managed five world champions and team managed the England, USA and Australian International sides, will bring “stability and knowledge” to the club.
“Having James join us is fantastic news for me and for the club,” said KJM promoter Kevin Jolly. “I know I can learn a lot from him and having him there to prod me in the right direction and support me in the day to day running of the club is a massive bonus. “He is straight talking and easy to deal with, and with his knowledge and contacts this can only strengthen our position as a club.”
He added: “I am sure our supporters will join me in welcoming James to the club.
“I feel I have a really strong team around me now and that the club can really move forward in the coming seasons.”
James Easter, Travel Plus Tours owner, said of his new role: “This invitation came out of the blue. I am gradually taking a back seat in my business and still retain the desire to remain involved in speedway - so this is the perfect fit for me.
“This is no takeover attempt, though. The club belongs to Kevin, but two minds are better than one and having known him since he was eighteen I am sure we can work well together.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
“Kevin has maintained the enthusiasm and determination to succeed at the grass roots level of the sport since those early days, something I have rarely seen in speedway. That was a main reason in me agreeing to join him.
“I look forward to meeting everyone in the New Year and to a happy, positive association with this great club.”