James beats the blues to claim championship medal
- Credit: Archant
Tae Kwon-Do Ely’s James Munday came away with a medal as reward his efforts at the Welsh Championships held last weekend.
Munday was awarded a bronze in the blue belt team sparring competition, one of four medals won by members of the Ely based Mark Farnham School of Tae Kwon-do.
Also in action were Rebecca Davies-Thomas, who was third in green belt sparring, Emily Mynott, who was third in yellow belt sparring, and Steven Wharton, who was second in men’s black belt sparring.
The championships took place at Cardiff University and saw 22 fighting areas run throughout the day, with more than 800 competitors and 200 officials.
Mark Farnham said: “To win any award at this event is a very serious achievement, so very well done to the students who achieved placings, the Mark Farnham Schools are now preparing for their next event which will be the Midlands Championships in July.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in learning a martial art can contact Mr Farnham on 07771644460 or please visit www.mftkd.co.uk
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car