MOTORSPORT: Littleport driver Jake Boydell takes on Demon Tweeks/Yokohama Locost Championship at Snetterton Circuit
- Credit: Gary Malkin/GMMOTOPHOTO
An East Cambridgeshire racing driver qualified in a top championship race at Snetterton Circuit in Norfolk.
Littleport driver Jake Boydell gained three places forward in the final race of the Demon Tweeks/Yokohama Locost Championship.
Gary Malkin, photographer, said: The Locost formula often see's capacity grids of identical sports cars all powered by the Ford X-flow 1300 engine.
"Snetterton was no different with 33 cars taking to the grid. Amongst them was Littleport driver Jake Boydell who qualified in very wet conditions in 29th overall.
"Race one on Saturday afternoon was on a still wet track and saw Boydell staying out of trouble and making a good start.
You may also want to watch:
"Involved in some close racing at the end of the 13 minute plus one lap race Boydell has moved up to finish 22nd place.
"Sunday morning's second race grid was based on second best qualifying times and saw Boydell start from 26th.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
"Again staying out of trouble but involved in some close racing it was a 23rd place finish in the three-minute plus one lap race."