It’s Rover and out -Tommy moves on
PLAYMAKER Tommy English has left Mildenhall Town FC to join Haverhill Rovers in a move which is in the best interests of both player and club. Mildenhall manager Trevor Munns said: Haverhill offered us a good amount of money and we would have been silly
PLAYMAKER Tommy English has left Mildenhall Town FC to join Haverhill Rovers in a move which is in the best interests of both player and club.
Mildenhall manager Trevor Munns said: "Haverhill offered us a good amount of money and we would have been silly not to accept."
English, who lives away from Mildenhall, was having trouble commuting to games, and the Haverhill move will be convenient for him.
Munns said: "Tommy had to travel a lot to play for us and while he was willing to do it, it seemed fairer to arrange this deal. It's the best for both of us."
You may also want to watch:
Mildenhall have also recently appointed ex-Cambridge United professional Franco Nacca as first team coach.
Nacca, who has a UEFA B-Coaching Licence, is a worthy addition to the club and Munns is delighted at his arrival.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Munns said: "We're really pleased to have Franco on board.
"He's a great coach and I'm sure he'll do well here.