It’s all a-bout to get very exciting
SOME of the best junior boxers in the country will be on show at Arkenstall Centre on Saturday night, when Haddenham ABC host their first Open Show of the season. Sixteen bouts have been scheduled and local hero Tyler Goodjohn faces one of the toughest te
SOME of the best junior boxers in the country will be on show at Arkenstall Centre on Saturday night, when Haddenham ABC host their first Open Show of the season.
Sixteen bouts have been scheduled and local hero Tyler Goodjohn faces one of the toughest tests of his career.
He takes on English national junior champion Ryan Smith in a 66kg match.
But Goodjohn, 16, who has fought in national semi and quarter-finals, enters the match full of confidence after his recent demolition of England No.3 Joe Wilcox.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Mike Sawyer said: "Tyler's improving all the time. He's discovered a new upright style of boxing, reminiscent of the American Floyd Mayweather, and I already rate him as the best boxer of his age in the country.
"But this should prove a good challenge for him and, hopefully, he will show the home fans what he's all about."
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
The Open Show will also see Billy Rumble, two-time England junior champion, take on Welsh champion T Hoar and English national finalist L Walker fight English national champion and four-nations silver medallist J Kennedy.
Other Haddenham boxers competing are Aaron Barrett, Jessie Smith, Ben Mills and Jack Fraser.
Former European champion Dave "Boy" Green will be a special guest.
Sawyer said: "I'm really excited. This is set to be the best boxing show ever staged in the area. It's already sold out so nobody will be able to get hold of a ticket on the night.