It’s a thriller four battling Colts
Under-10 Soham Town Colts 4 Mildenhall 2 SOHAM won this fast-paced end-to-end match. Ross Davey fired Colts into the lead by slotting the ball past the onrushing goalkeeper after some good passing play, but Mildenhall grabbed a quick equaliser. Milden
Soham Town Colts 4
SOHAM won this fast-paced end-to-end match.
You may also want to watch:
Ross Davey fired Colts into the lead by slotting the ball past the onrushing goalkeeper after some good passing play, but Mildenhall grabbed a quick equaliser.
Mildenhall started the second half in determined mood, putting the home team under pressure.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
But Soham held strong and regained their lead when Alistair Hutchinson controlled and finished well.
However, Mildenhall again caught Soham off guard to equalise.
Jordan Turpin made it 3-2 to Soham and some exceptional saves from man of the match Matthew Fretwell kept Colts ahead until Sean Turner's late goal completed the scoring.
Stretham Sporting 5
Witchford Colts 0
STRETHAM might have expected to find the going easy but 10-man Witchford made them work hard for every goal.
Andrew Burrows opened the scoring by diverting a Connor Smithson effort past the Witchford keeper, and substitute Craig Lawrence made it 2-0 by half-time.
Stretham pushed hard and their third goal came when Lawrence scored his second. When Witchford did break through the home side's defence they found keeper Will Holmes in fine form.
The best goal of the game came after good work on the right between Kieran Pauley and Braddan Westlake, with Westlake crossing for Harry Thomson to head home at the back post.
The scoring was completed by George Carroll, who broke through the visitors' defence and gave the Witchford keeper no chance.
Stretham squad: Will Holmes, James Fuller, Greg Hine, George Carroll, Kieran Pauley, Harry Thomson, Conor Smithson, Jack Rose, Craig Lawrence, Braddan Westlake, Matthew Kerridge, Ryan Newton, Andrew Burrows, Zack Barton.
Saffron Walden 1 Ely City 3
FRASER Jennings's 20-yard scorcher sealed a win that moved City to sixth in the table.
It was a tight first half with the Ely defence under intense pressure, and Saffron Walden took the lead just before the break.
City played some good football on a heavy pitch in the second half, and strikes from Craig Emerson and Jamie Burrows fired them into the lead before Jennings's superb finish.