Isleham Fall Short After Epic Tussle
ISLEHAM fell six agonising runs short of victory after an epic tussle with an impressive Bottisham and Lode side. Required to bowl first, Isleham came in for something of a pasting as the flashing blades of their visitors struck ball after ball boundary-w
ISLEHAM fell six agonising runs short of victory after an epic tussle with an impressive Bottisham and Lode side.
Required to bowl first, Isleham came in for something of a pasting as the flashing blades of their visitors struck ball after ball boundary-wards in a display of batting aggression akin to a West-Indian top four in its pomp.
Despite the onslaught, there was some joy for Richard Goodjohn who managed to pick up 3-50 from his eight overs to keep the home side in with a sniff of victory.
With willow in hand, Isleham were in desperate need of big contributions and the timely work of Clive Dunbavin (68) and Gary Cowling (70) ensured a large chunk of their sizeable total was washed away.
You may also want to watch:
Lower order cameos from Stuart Dunsmuir (14) and Tim Acheson (29) looked to have guided Iselham to a winning position but it wasn't to be as they ran out of runs at the death, eventually finished on 253-8, in itself an exceptional score.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash