Wins for Isle of Ely rowers at Bedford
- Credit: Archant
Isle of Ely Rowing Club had two wins at the Bedford Head of the River last week.
Racing in WJ15 single sculls Soham VC student Seren Palmer had an impressive row - winning her event by 45 seconds.
Seren then replaced the injured Maddie Howard and raced in WJ15 double sculls with Emillie Howard from Bottishan VC and together they won by 12 seconds beating 17 other doubles from all over South East England.
Seren and Emillie then teamed up with Lara Foulkes from Ely College and Emma Huckle with Maddie Howard both from Bottisham VC in the coxes seat and came third in the WJ15 coxed quads.
It was a very good days racing for all of them.
The club is affiliated to British Rowing, the Eastern Region Rowing Council and the Cambridgeshire Rowing Association.
Based on the Great Ouse river, they have access to some of the best rowing water in the country.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’