Impressed’ Munns takes on two for next season
MILDENHALL Town has announced two more signings to its squad for next season. Adie Hayes, a 28-year-old midfielder, joins the Recway club, bringing a wealth of experience, having played 60 Football League games and more than 70 games at Conference level.
MILDENHALL Town has announced two more signings to its squad for next season.
Adie Hayes, a 28-year-old midfielder, joins the Recway club, bringing a wealth of experience, having played 60 Football League games and more than 70 games at Conference level.
Adie's previous clubs include: Cambridge United, Boston United, King's Lynn, Cambridge City and Farnborough.
Last season Adie played for Ridgeons League outfit AFC Sudbury. He is known to be an excellent passer of the ball and possesses a great left foot.
Nineteen-year-old centre forward Dan Heron was initially a trainee at Leicester City for two years and during this time he was awarded Scottish under-17 honours.
Dan then joined Mansfield Town where he made his debut under manager Keith Curle against Leeds United.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
While at Mansfield, Dan also made appearances against Wolverhampton Wanderers and in the League Cup against Preston North End.
Dan played on loan for Mildenhall last season, when he impressed manager Trevor Munns, particularly in a friendly against Cambridge United.
Munns said: "Adie Hayes is a player that I have admired for some time. As I live in Cambridge, I have seen him play at both City and United and he is certainly a proven player at our level.
"Dan Heron played for us last season on loan from Mansfield Town and impressed me with his overall play and in particular his movement.