Hug hits hme
Cambridge Nmads II 2 Ely I 3 ELY started well but failed t create any clear cut chances. An early tactical switch frm t
Cambridge Nmads II 2 Ely I 3
ELY started well but failed t create any clear cut chances.
An early tactical switch frm the captain t play the tw Hug brthers up frnt immediately prduced results hwever, with Ed Hug pushing the ball past the 'keeper int the backbard t make it 1-0.
A minute later Hug netted his secnd, and with Cambridge visibly shell-shcked paceman Stu Clarke fund his way thrugh the defence, runded the keeper and sltted the ball int an empty gal fr Ely's third gal within the space f five minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Nmads attacked in the secnd half and scred tw gals in the last 15 minutes, but Ely held n fr a 3-2 victry.
Other men's results saw Ely II lse 4-2 at hme t Bstn I, and Ely VI win 4-1 at City f Peterbrugh 8.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
Cambridge City III 0 Ely Ladies I 1
ELY Ladies were at Cambridge this week, and althugh neither team was able t scre in the first half Cambridge lked the better side and created the mst chances.
In the secnd half the defensive fur f Cathy Gilmur, Heather Cper, Hlly Radcliffe and Fina Bartley stepped up in rder t utilise the back pass and switch the ball crss field in rder t attack frward.
Ely's perseverance in what was a tugh match was eventually rewarded when Dani Fletcher picked up the ball delivered int the 'D' by Pamela Clarke and deflected it past the keeper int the bttm left crner.
Spurred n by this and player-f-the-match Pamela Clarke, Ely were able t sustain pressure n the hme defence until the full time whistle.