Hotshots Ely first to top the ton
Men s League CITY of Ely became the first team this year to top the hundred shots, scoring 102 at Hiam, but Newmarket halted their climb. Soham went back to top spot, only dropping half a point in their two matches including a victory over previous leader
CITY of Ely became the first team this year to top the hundred shots, scoring 102 at Hiam, but Newmarket halted their climb.
Soham went back to top spot, only dropping half a point in their two matches including a victory over previous leaders, Newmarket.
Hiam stay rooted to the bottom and Haddenham lost by the same 52 shot margin at Fordham.
You may also want to watch:
FORDHAM'S defeat at Chippenham was followed by a home win against Haddenham, which made them the front runners, excluding Isleham's result at Stretham.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Afternoon League Division One
LOSING on two rinks at home to Willingham, Soham's shots on the other rink were enough to earn the bonus points and retain the lead they have held for most of the season. Close behind, the two Littleport teams had comfortable wins while Bottisham only scraped in by one shot against struggling Hiam.
Afternoon League Division Two
WITH leaders Fordham B having their match rained off, Sutton missed their chance to go top when they visited Ely Beet, although they have played two games more than Fordham. These two look favourites for promotion if they can maintain the form they have shown in the first half of the campaign.