Horse riding starlet Rebecca wins Youth Achievement (Girls) Award at 2012 Ely Standard Sports Awards
HORSE riding star Rebecca Villis took the Youth Achievement (Girls) accolade at the 2012 Ely Standard Sports Awards.
Rebecca, a Downham Feoffees Primary School pupil, has had a fantastic year. She is not only an accomplished horse rider, performing superbly in local competition, but she has also excelled in a number of other sports.
The judges said: “Rebecca takes part in sport at her primary school and takes competition seriously especially when it comes to her horse riding.”
Rebecca received her trophy from Tom Jackson, Ely Standard editorial content manager.
You may also want to watch:
Ellena Barnes-Weston - Ellena, 15, is a Year 11 student at Ely College and impressed the judging panel of the Mayor of Ely’s Youth Awards this year with her commitment to local sports and youth work.
Chantel Lyon - Chantel has her eyes set on international glory after skating her way to three national titles. The nine-year-old stormed to victory in the tots girls’ figures, free skating and combined categories at the British Roller Skating Championships.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station