Hockey: Weekend draw for City
Bourne II 2 Ely City 2 ELY City shared the spoils against Bourne II on Saturday. Neil Dodsworth and man of the match Charlie Kisby were involved heavily early on. Despite Ely pressure it was Bourne who took the lead, a cruel deflected penalty corner loo
Bourne II 2 Ely City 2
ELY City shared the spoils against Bourne II on Saturday.
Neil Dodsworth and man of the match Charlie Kisby were involved heavily early on.
Despite Ely pressure it was Bourne who took the lead, a cruel deflected penalty corner looping into the goal past stranded Ely keeper, Chris Vincent. Ely were level minutes later, good work down the left involving Kisby, Nick Wells and Chris Purllant resulted in a cross into the area, although Chris Roberts was impeded when going for the ball Tommy Hugo was on hand to slot the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
Ely attacked much more down the right in the second period with Julian Palmer showing his experience with classic winger play, slipping the ball through the full backs legs on several occasions and sprinting past him.
Fifteen minutes from the end of the game, a fierce shot by Purllant was saved on the line by the foot of a Bourne defender, penalty stroke. Purllant stepped up and flicked the ball into the roof of the net.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Ely continued to press looking to kill the game and take a comfortable lead. Wells was denied by the edge of the Bourne keepers foot as he dribbled into the area and shot low to the keepers left. Five minutes before the end of the game, Bourne scored via another penalty corner. A mis-hit shot fell to the Bourne attacker who skilfully deflected the ball into the net.